Time for Dinner: Grass-Fed Macho Taco Burgers
It's time for dinner and I am craving grass-fed beef tacos, but my husband wants burgers and my kids want cheese. For dinner. Quite the dilemma. So instead of making three separate meals because seriously, who has time for that, we mashed all of our cravings together as shown in the recipe below and I would like to call it the "Macho Taco Burger". I guess you could technically use store bought or grain fed ground to make the same recipe, but there are major, life altering reasons why my family chooses 100% grass-fed meat. I realize we live on the farm and of course we would buy our own meat, not to mention that it is the most delicious beef I have ever had, but that is only a tiny reason why we do.
Our family eats A LOT of ground. I mean, when I bust out a steak, the creatures of my household think we are having "fancy dinner". Plus, my almost 2 year old can't chew steak yet, so ground it is. We have to be super creative in order for meals not to get boring. The thing I really love about grass-fed ground versus grain fed or whatever else they feed cows in feedlots, is that I know my family is eating clean food. I know there aren't any added hormones that are going to make my daughters "bloom" too early or antibiotics that may travel into our bodies. I know exactly what grasses the animals graze on and that the grasses are not genetically modified. I know that BECAUSE we are on the farm and see the process every day. I know the work it takes to invest in a business that doesn't cut corners and a family that cares about the health of people everywhere.
I want to support my family's health, farmers who farm the right way, and my taste buds because, let's face it, they control everything. Check it...
- 1 pound BF Farms' grass-fed beef
- 1 egg per burger
- Avocado slices
- Tomato slices
- Goat cheese crumbles
- Burger buns
- 1 TBS Cumin
- 1 TS Chili Powder
- 1 TS Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop tomatoes and slice avocados and set aside.
- Mix spices in with the ground beef. Knead with hands and create patties.
- Pull out a medium and a large skillet. In the large skillet, cook the beef patties on medium heat.
- At the same time- if you can -in the medium skillet, cook bacon on medium-low. Remove bacon. DO NOT DRAIN. Crack eggs over pan and fry eggs in the bacon grease, splashing grease onto the tops of the eggs. Remove eggs.
- Put all of the ingredients together and DEVOUR!
BF-Farms, LLC, Oklahoma's source for 100% grass-fed beef and lamb.